Sunday, June 29, 2008

~* The Holiday *~

Mamma Mia.. Here I go again.. My My! How could I resist ya

Mamma Mia.. Does it show again? My My! Just how much I missed ya

Mamma Mia.. Now I really know.. My My! I could never let you go..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just got back from a great trip! Not amazing.. but great =) We were a total of eight girls. Of course, it started off horribly, missing out on the winter festival opening coz the girls wanted to do all the renting in the time of the event =S , not being in the center of the event to try out taking professional pics of the fireworks, my friend forgetting the ski footers or whatever they're called in the shop and all, but el7amdulillah it ended up well, even though I had to pay way extra which shucked big time =\

~* Skiing *~


Got into my skiing gear, held on to the butt hugging pole lift till I reached the top of the intermediate hill, should've known that I was supposed to let go of the pole after I slid a bit on the hill but oh well, fell off on the snow flakes. I skied down the slope, not feeling as comfortable as I felt the last time I skied *which was my first time btw* looked over for A but didn't find her. After a couple more skiing down the slope I decided that I was fed up, maybe its because I was a bit sick, so I went in to have breakfast.
When I got back to the skiing field after an hour or so, I thought that I would only ski a little bit more, but I was wrong. After giving some beginner friends lessons, and after sliding down the slope for 10 or so times to help them out, I regained my confidence and decided that it's time to take the ski lift to the top. Yes, to the top of the MOUNTAIN. Where advanced ppl go. What was I thinking?

I bugged A to go to the top with me, she chickened out a bit, but finally agreed. I was way excited thinking that it was the same not so high slope of another skiing field I've been to, and oh how I was wrong. The lift kept on going, as if the mountain was endless! Us going further and further, slope getting steeper and steeper, both of us ended up on different lifts *don't ask how*, me screaming *I want to die with you!*, her screaming *ash-hadu anna la ilaha ella Allah* till we reach the mountain peak.. now here comes the funny part.

She didn't know how to get off the ski lift, she hasn't been up before, so she ended up calling out to the supervisors up there "how do I get off? Are you going to stop it? Tell me how to get off! TELL ME! AAAAAAAHHHH *splat*" and there goes her part of getting off the ski lift, by her simply jumping off.

I was in a totally different world, it's me that chickened out once we got to the top, I told A I won't be getting off of the ski lift, that I'll just go back down with it. So I screamed to the already occupied supervisors whom were busy with helping A up to her feet "Can I stay on this thing? Can I go back down with it? Plzzzzzzz. PLZZZZZZ. AM TOO SCARED! Why not??? That old lady went down with it!! MAAMAAAA" La 7ayata liman tunadi, they didn't let me go down with it, I didn't move from my place hoping that the lift will just carry me down with them being helpless about it, but oh no, that guy ran in and stopped the whole thing! He then came back to poor me where I was hanging around 6 feet up the ground on the ski chair. He then carried me down, to make things worse, once he got me off of the lift he lost balance and I fell on top of him! I laughed my head off! He then helped me up, then I started again "Isn't there another way to go down?? I'm really REALLY scared.. I can't go down!! It's tooo steep!! MAMAAAAA!!!!!"

So A and I ended up going down the steep mountain, it was both scary and fun, and 100% adrenaline pumping. I like to think of it as an achievement, going down a steep scary mountain on my second attempt in skiing. Am proud of me ;P

~* Gondola + Luge *~




We took the gondola to the top of the mountain, amazing scenery surrounding us, it was simply breathtaking. The luge was the best! Fuuuuun! It's this kart like thingy, you get on it, and you GO! I enjoyed it so very much. The best part of it is the screaming, I can scream as much as I want, and I won't be told off for it =P I really am enjoying screaming lately, especially after I mastered it. Never was a screamer as a child, I was always on silent heh.




~* Ferg Burger *~



I was told that some ppl drive down to Queenstown just to have it. The ferg burger that is, so I had to try it. And yep, I liked it! It's sauce is one of a kind. If only there was no black pepper in it I would've LOVED it.

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, I'd want to go there again, but with another more organized punctual group =P


she told the story ... 9:58 PM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

that's me
Your NameĀ  & other uninteresting things about yourself here :)

FAVOURITES
~ A good book
~ Music
~ Dancing


WISHLIST
~ ..
~ ..
~ ..



TAGBOARD




Cherish every thought that keeps you going.. Hold on to everthing that makes you happy..


LINKS

ICE ANGEL
Gulf Book Club
ATGM
Divinity

Nabhan's Painted Thoughts
Fortification of the Muslim
link
Sue

CREDITS

Image-Creator & Designer:
ICE ANGEL


Brushes: 1| 2| 3
BaseCodes by !takeaway

COUNTER


ARCHIVES
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
June 2008